SPECviewperf 12, released by SPEC's Graphics Performance Characterization group (SPECgpc) on December 18, 2013, is an all-new version of the worldwide standard for measuring graphics performance based on professional applications. SPECgpc members at the time of release include AMD, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Intel, Lenovo, NEC and NVIDIA.
SPECviewperf 12 measures the 3D graphics performance of systems running under the OpenGL and Direct X application programming interfaces. The benchmark’s test files, called viewsets, represent graphics content and behavior from actual applications.
What's new in SPECviewperf 12
New and updated features in SPECviewperf 12 include:
- A new extensible architecture that makes it easier to add API support, viewsets, models and customized tests to measure graphics performance.
- New energy and medical viewsets that highlight volume rendering and dynamic data generation.
- Fully updated viewsets representing popular product development (PTC Creo, Dassault CATIA, Siemens NX, and Dassault Solidworks) and media and entertainment (Autodesk Maya) applications.
- A new viewset representing the Autodesk Showcase visualization application.
Operating system and performance comparisons
SPECviewperf 12 has been tested and is supported under the 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows 7. Results from SPECviewperf 12 cannot be compared to those from previous versions of the benchmark.
Free downloading for non-commercial users
SPECviewperf 12 is available for immediate download under a two-tiered pricing structure: free for non-commercial users and $2,500 for commercial entities. Commercial entities are defined as organizations using the benchmark for the purpose of marketing, developing, testing, consulting for and/or selling computers, computer services, graphics devices, drivers or other systems in the computer marketplace.
Minimum configuration information
SPECviewperf 12 has the following minimum requirements:
- OpenGL 2.0 or later plus extensions
- Direct X11 support
- 8GB of installed system memory
- 40GB available disk space
- 1920x1080 screen resolution for submissions published on the SPEC website
Beyond the minimum requirements, the SPECgpc group recommends that SPECviewperf 12 be run on a graphics card with at least 1 GB of graphics memory.
SPECviewperf 12 viewsets