SPECweb99_SSL Benchmark (Retired: October 2005)
SPECweb99_SSL answers the need for a meaningful
measure of the web server load generated by servicing encrypted requests,
which have become more prevalent on the web over the last few years.
SPECweb99_SSL adopts an industry-accepted workload to measure the performance
capabilities of a web server with added SSL encryption/decryption.
SPECweb99_SSL is built on the same test harness and
uses the same workload and filesets as SPECweb99.
It tests secure web server performance using HTTP 1.0/1.1 over the SSL
Protocol. It is an extension of, rather than a replacement for, SPECweb99.
| Code Defect Identified in the Windows
port of the SPECweb99_SSL test harness
07/22/2003 - SPEC has identified problems with the port of
the SPECweb99_SSL test harness to the MS Windows operating system.
The code defects prevent the client systems from generating the correct
SPECweb99_SSL workload. It should be noted that the problems are
solely within the the port of the SPECweb99_SSL code base to the
Windows OS and not due to either the Windows OS or the OpenSSL library.
Details are available in the full notice.
- Submitted Results
- Text, HTML, PDF, and PostScript outputs for the SPECweb99_SSL metrics;
includes all of the results submitted to SPEC from the SPEC member
companies and other licensees of the benchmark. You may also search
all available submitted results.
Dynamic API Sources
- An archive of dynamic CGI API implementations used by licensees of
the SPECweb99_SSL benchmark for the results published on the SPEC website.
- Not all vendors choose to squeeze all of the tuning descriptions
into the notes at the bottom of a result page; further documentation
about tunings used for a result may be found here.
- New: Alternate version of 'manager' available (05/29/2003)
- An alternate version of 'manager' is available to current benchmark
licensees; this version allows you to retrieve the POST log from the
SUT faster by bypassing the web server and doing a direct network copy
using rcp (or an equivalent for your OS).
To request a copy of the alternate version of manager please send an
email, along with your license information, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECweb99_SSL Press Release
- SPEC's press release announcing SPECweb99_SSL.
- SPECweb99_SSL FAQ
- The Frequently Asked/Answered Questions about SPECweb99_SSL.
(Last updated: March 6, 2002 )
SPECweb99_SSL Design Document
- A white paper describing the architectural design behind the SPECweb99_SSL
SPECweb99_SSL Benchmark Run and Reporting
- The rules that govern the running and reporting of results for SPECweb99_SSL.
SPECweb99_SSL User's Guide
- (also included on the SPECweb99_SSL CD-ROM).
- Issues Building/Running SPECweb99_SSL
- Installation, build, and runtime issues raised by users of SPECweb99_SSL.
Order your own copy of SPECweb99_SSL
- The order form to purchase this and any other SPEC/OSG benchmark.