SPEC SFS97_R1 V3.0
With the release of SPECsfs2008, SPEC has begun the process of retiring SFS97_R1. Results will be accepted for review through June 17, 2008 for the review cycle beginning on June 17, 2008 and ending on July 1, 2008. After that time, no further SFS97_R1 results will be accepted for review or published on the SPEC website.
Licensees of SFS97_R1 who purchased the benchmark between December 20, 2007 and March 19, 2008 are eligible to purchase SPECsfs2008 for the upgrade price of $700.
On December 19th, 1997 SPEC introduced its new SFS (System File Server) benchmark: SFS97, the replacement for the original SFS benchmark formally known as LADDIS or SFS93. SPEC SFS97_R1 V3.0 replaces SFS97 V2.0, and includes the following major features:
- resolves defects uncovered in SFS V2.0,
- measures results for both NFS protocol version 3 and version 2,
- support for either TCP or UDP as the network transport,
- operation mix more closely matches today's real-world NFS workloads,
- benchmark distribution CD includes precompiled and tested binaries,
- an interface to accomodate both accomplished and novice users,
- a report page generation tool.
- Submitted Results
- Text, HTML3.0, and PostScript outputs for the SFS97_R1 3.0 metrics. Includes all of the results submitted to SPEC from licensees of the benchmark. Note, these results are not comparable to SFS 2.0 results.
- SPEC SFS97_R1 V3.0 Press Release
- SPEC SFS97_R1 V3.0 Documentation
- The documentation includes the user's guide, the run and reporting rules and a FAQ, available in HTML, PDF and DOC formats. Documentation updated to version 1.1 as of 3/15/2006.
Order your own copy of SPEC SFS97_R1 V3.0
- The order form to purchase this and any other SPEC/OSG benchmark.