|Hitachi Data Systems :||NetApp GF940c Failover Cluster / HDS 9980V (32GB cache)|
|SPECsfs97_R1.v3 =||36698 Ops/Sec (Overall Response Time = 0.99 msec)|
|Server Configuration and Availability|
|Vendor ||Hitachi Data Systems |
|Hardware Available ||April 2003|
|Software Available||May 2003 |
|Date Tested||March 2003 |
|SFS License Number||276 |
|Licensee Locations||Santa Clara, CA |
|CPU, Memory and Power|
|Model Name ||NetApp GF940c Failover Cluster / HDS 9980V (32GB cache) |
|Processor ||1.8-GHz Intel Pentium 4 |
|# of Processors ||2 cores, 2 chips, 1 core/chip (1 per node) |
|Primary Cache ||12 K uops I + 8 KB D |
|Secondary Cache ||512 KB on-die |
|Other Cache ||N/A |
|UPS ||APC Silcon 80KW|
|Other Hardware ||X1925A cluster adapter card (see notes) |
| Memory Size ||38912 MB |
|NVRAM Size ||512 MB (256 MB per node) |
|NVRAM Type ||DIMMs on PCI cards |
|NVRAM Description||minimum 7-day battery-backed shelf-life |
|OS Name and Version||Data ONTAP 6.4.1|
|Other Software ||Cluster Option |
|File System ||WAFL |
|NFS version ||3 |
|Buffer Cache Size ||default|
|# NFS Processes ||N/A|
|Fileset Size ||348.1 GB|
|Network Type ||Gigabit Ethernet |
|Network Controller Desc. ||X1025D PCI adapter card|
|Number Networks ||1 (N1) |
|Number Network Controllers||2 (1 per node) |
|Protocol Type ||TCP |
|Switch Type ||Extreme BlackDiamond 6816 (N1)|
|Bridge Type ||N/A |
|Hub Type ||N/A |
|Other Network Hardware ||N/A |
|Disk Subsystem and Filesystems|
|Number Disk Controllers ||4 |
|Number of Disks ||128 |
|Number of Filesystems ||2 |
|File System Creation Ops||default|
|File System Config ||32 RAID-5 groups of 4 disks each |
|Disk Controller ||X2050A FC-AL adapter card (256 KB RAM standard) |
|# of Controller Type ||4 |
|Number of Disks ||32/32/32/32 |
|Disk Type ||DKR2D-J72FC |
|File Systems on Disks ||F1/F1/F2/F2 |
|Special Config Notes ||see notes|
|Load Generator (LG) Configuration|
|Number of Load Generators ||32 |
|Number of Processes per LG||4 |
|Biod Max Read Setting ||2 |
|Biod Max Write Setting ||2 |
|LG Type ||LG1 |
|LG Model ||Supermicro SuperServer 6010H |
|Number and Type Processors||2 x 1.0-GHz Pentium III |
|Memory Size ||1024 MB |
|Operating System ||SunOS 5.8 Generic_108529-11 i86pc i386 |
|Compiler ||cc, used SFS97_R1 Precompiled Binaries |
|Compiler Options ||N/A |
|Network Type ||Intel Pro/1000 T Server Adapter|
|LG #||LG Type||Network||Target File Systems||Notes|
- NetApp's embedded operating system processes NFS requests from the network layer without any NFS daemons, and uses non-volatile memory to improve performance.
- The tested system was a failover cluster comprised of two nodes joined by a cluster interconnect.
- The cluster option was licensed and enabled.
- The memory size includes 3 GB in each node of the GF940c and 32 GB in the HDS 9980V.
- Each disk controller had two FC connections and both were active.
- Each node was the owner of one filesystem and each had the ability to take over the partner filesystem.
- The F1 filesystem was striped across all loops of the first node. The F2 filesystem was striped across all loops of the second node.
- Each filesystem was composed of 16 RAID-5 groups; each RAID-5 group was composed of 4 disks.
- In the event of a power outage, the UPS for the HDS 9980V has enough power to flush the entire cache to disk.
- Server tunings:
- date 0801 -- set clock to 8:01am for reproducibility
- options minra 1 -- to minimize file read-ahead
- options no_atime_on 1 -- to disable access time update
- NetApp and WAFL are registered trademarks and "Data ONTAP" and "Network Appliance" are trademarks of Network Appliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- All other trademarks belong to their respective owners and should be treated as such.
- The benchmark run was done on a Hitachi Data Systems GF940c/HDS 9980V. The Network Appliance, Inc. GF940c/HDS 9980V (sfs97r1-20030401-00138) and Hitachi Data Systems GF940c/HDS 9980V are electronically equivalent. The actual SFS tests were not rerun.
Generated on Thu Apr 14 14:55:27 2005 by SPEC SFS97 HTML Formatter
Copyright © 1997-2004 Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
First published at SPEC.org on 08-Jul-2003