Author Topic: SEVERE: Exception connecting with Host after 5 attempts  (Read 4882 times)

jemetcal

SEVERE: Exception connecting with Host after 5 attempts
« on: September 13, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »
I am attempting to execute SERT UI locally. Unable to verify localhost or 127.0.0.1.

SERT version: 2.0
OS version: Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter (all updates applied)
Java version: 1.7.0_80

I created and inbound rule per the user guide to allow connection to port 9999. This did not resolve the exception. I then turned off the domain, private and public firewalls.

GregDarnell

Re: SEVERE: Exception connecting with Host after 5 attempts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 02:05:51 AM »
Could you clarify what you mean by executing the UI locally?  Are you trying to run the UI on the server under test (not a supported configuration, but it should still run)?
If so, I can think of two reasons for this error; either networking is not correctly configured, or serthost.bat has not run properly.
The easiest way for us to diagnose this issue and most others is for you to run the collectlogfiles script and attach the output here.

jemetcal

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »
I suspected a networking issue - although I could ping the SUT from the control system and visa verse. Hence the reason, I attempted to run locally on the SUT. I attached the output from collectlogfile.bat file

VanSmith

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 09:30:46 AM »
SERT 2.0 should run under the conditions that you describe without any modifications to any of the SERT files.  You should run clean.bat before starting serthost.bat first on the server, then launch the SERT GUI.  Again, please make sure you run clean.bat before beginning.

The issue that you report is often due to firewall issues.  Please make sure that the firewall is completely turned off and verify that the problem reproduces.

If the problem reproduces, please make sure that the 64-bit version of Java is installed:

C:\Users\Van>java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)