Product Support > SPECvirt_sc2013

Validation Errors after SPECvirt run completed

<< < (2/4) > >>

DavidSchmidt:
Hi Miles. No, the dbserver is the only one that has different requirements for more tiles since each dbserver handles up to 4 appservers.

Miles:
Hi
There are 33 errors in the 9T4W report and low QOS (i.e Application Server of Tile 5)

But Pct Load in each Tile is 100%, it means my SUT can run with more tiles, right?
Is the bad QOS from the wrong setting?

I just increase vCPU/vRAM to each VM so far, but can not get a result which has a Pct Load < 100% in last tile yet.

Thanks.

ChrisFloyd:
Miles,

The QoS values for your app server are very low (e.g., under 0.95) which is indicative of a system that is either in need of further tuning or possibly at the maximum load it can support.  For example, a SPECjAppServer QoS score of .96 means that 4% of the transactions are NOT meeting the required response time criteria (i.e., the transactions are taking too long - for whatever reason).   A QoS that is failing (typically under ~95% for the three QoS constrained workloads) is an indication that you should be either *decreasing* (not increasing) the Tile count, or tuning the OS/Hypervisor and/or guest software stack to address the excessive transaction response times for the affected workload(s).

*Note, the guidance that we can provide on this forum is limited to assistance related to initial harness, guest VM, and the example guest software implementation. From your posts, it seems you have successfully run multiple Tiles on your testbed.  Scale-up performance tuning assistance is beyond the scope of our support capacity. Tuning such environments depend heavily on your particular hardware/software infrastructure and associated configuration.

I would recommend closely reviewing the details of the hardware and software tuning for published SPECvirt_sc2013 results and compare with your existing hardware and software setup.  Assuming you are using a similar hardware and software configuration, there should be enough information in the FDR and data collection .tgz to provide further tuning information.

Miles:
Hi
Thanks for reply.

Now I have a rookie question.
"How do I know how many tiles I can build on my SUT?"
Is there a method to predict at the first?

I just predict through
  1.how much memory allocated on the SUT and 
  2.how much vRAM each tile needs
to determine the number of tiles to build.

Any method more precise?

Thanks.

ChrisFloyd:
Determining how many Tiles your environment can support is actually somewhat of an 'advanced' topic.   ;)

However, once you are running a few tiles, you may want to check the CPU utilization of the host, and get a rough idea as to how many more Tiles you could support.  Note, many environments don't scale-up/scale-out linearly - so your maximum Tile limit may also be bounded by the performance capabilities of your disk-subsystem, SUT network, and host memory (among other things, including even the client/driver CPU or network capacity).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version