Author Topic: SERT2.0.6 compatible CPU  (Read 2939 times)

Takumi Takahashi

SERT2.0.6 compatible CPU
« on: February 09, 2023, 04:26:35 AM »
Hello.

We plan to use Intel Alderlake CPUs for future SERT measurements.
Please let me know if there are any necessary settings.

Thank you.

Mike Petrich

Re: SERT2.0.6 compatible CPU
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 11:28:53 AM »
Takahashi-san, the supported combinations of processor, java, and operating systems for the SERT Suite can be found at this link:https://www.spec.org/sert2/SERT-JVM_Options-2.0.html

If you don't see the processor listed that you are interested in testing with, you can check with your silicon vendor rep and they might be able to get those configurations added.

Takumi Takahashi

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 09:33:44 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

I have confirmed the link. I have an additional question.
Regarding intel CPUs, we plan to use 12 generation. I have confirmed that there are i3 and i7 in the list that are compatible with 12G. We are planning to use the processor model number ending in TE, is this a problem?
Also, why are i5 and i9 not listed as 12 generation?

Furthermore, regarding celeron CPUs, the list only goes up to G6, but can we use G7?

Finally, I would like to ask about the operating system.
We are also considering using a Linux OS, but what should we do if we use a version that is not listed?

Mike Petrich

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 02:27:17 PM »
Thank you for your reply.

I have confirmed the link. I have an additional question.
Regarding intel CPUs, we plan to use 12 generation. I have confirmed that there are i3 and i7 in the list that are compatible with 12G. We are planning to use the processor model number ending in TE, is this a problem?
Also, why are i5 and i9 not listed as 12 generation?

Furthermore, regarding celeron CPUs, the list only goes up to G6, but can we use G7?

Finally, I would like to ask about the operating system.
We are also considering using a Linux OS, but what should we do if we use a version that is not listed?

Takahashi-san,

Combinations of Operating System, Processor Architecture, and Java Versions require test acceptance to be added to the list of supported client configurations. That testing is done by the silicon vendors and submitted to the SPECpower committee. If there is a specific combination of the above that you require for testing, we ask that you reach out to your silicon vendor representative and request that those combinations be added.   

Takumi Takahashi

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 05:28:12 AM »
Sorry to continue. Please allow me to double check on the supported processors.
Are you sure that the following two types of processors are supported?

Core i7-12700TE
Core i3-12100TE

Also, for processors not on the linked list, we need to check with the silicon vendor, correct?

Mike Petrich

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 11:36:17 AM »
Sorry to continue. Please allow me to double check on the supported processors.
Are you sure that the following two types of processors are supported?

Core i7-12700TE
Core i3-12100TE

Also, for processors not on the linked list, we need to check with the silicon vendor, correct?

Takahashi-san, yes those two processors appear in the supported client configuration list at https://www.spec.org/sert2/SERT-JVM_Options-2.0.html . They are both supported with Windows Server 2019 and OpenJDK 11.

Yes, for processors not appearing in the above link please work with your silicon vendor.