Author Topic: SERT 2.0.6,2.0.7  (Read 2845 times)

Mr.Brown

SERT 2.0.6,2.0.7
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:46:16 AM »
Hi,

currently i have some Problems with the SERT ( 2.0.6, 2.0.7 ) after quite some time I wanted to Test some more Systems.

First I had some Problems, with the Connection to the Host Disk Drives which I managed to fix, but now there is another Problem occurred.

When I start the Test a message with “attempting to start test suit” appears , see screenshot1.

After about 3-4 minutes the Test finishes, which is quite strange, see screenshot2.

When I look into the Results, I see that the workloads are configured but no results has been recorded for them, see screenshot3.

Hope you can help me with this Problem.

Kind regards
Mr.Brown

pgalizia

Re: SERT 2.0.6,2.0.7
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 08:34:19 AM »
Hello Mr.Brown,

Could you generate some log files using the collector scripts and attach those, so we can get a better look at what's going on with that setup?

See https://spec.org/sert2/SERT-userguide.pdf, Section 7.1.  That explains how to setup the log file collection, start the SERT run, and then find the resulting log files afterward.  That should give us a better idea of what the problem might be.

Thanks!

Mr.Brown

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 05:14:33 AM »
Hi pgalizia,

my first issue is resolved, seems like pending Windows Updates with integrated Driver Updates were the Problem for that. Now the Test is starting and running till the end.

But i have a new Problem, i have some error messages in my results, see the attached screenshot ( new issue ), furthermore i created the log files for that new issue.

Kind Regards

pgalizia

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 09:08:46 AM »
Thank you, Mr.Brown, for the logs.  Those are quite helpful!

From what I see, it looks like there are two issues:
  • The LU worklet's transactions are at 90.2% of the target
  • The power sensor has 100% of its samples with unknown certainty

For the LU worklet, I see "cpuWarmupIntervalCount" in "config-all.xml" is set to "8" (instead of the default of 3).  You may need to experiment with values between 3 and 10 to find the right number of warmups for the LU worklet (I've seen cases where setting cpuWarmupIntervalCount too high resulted in a similar issue for LU, and once I reduced it one or two iterations, it was fine).

As for the power sensor running with unknown certainty, this could be caused running the sensor with auto-ranging on. which isn't supported for SERT runs (doesn't allow for uncertainty measurements).  See Section 5 in https://spec.org/sert2/SERT-userguide.pdf, which describes how to set up SERT's power ranges.  You can also check the "Power and Temperature Measurement Setup Guide" at https://spec.org/power/docs/SPEC-Power_Measurement_Setup_Guide.pdf for additional information that may be relevant to your Hioki PW3337 device.

Give those items a try and let me know if that resolves those problems.  Thanks again!

Mr.Brown

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 07:39:20 AM »
Hi pgalizia,

sorry for the delay in this case.
I resolved both issues i had with the following solutions:

1. for the LU Worklet i tested all range numbers from 1-10 and in my case with number 2 the error message were gone.
2. i managed to clear this issue with the "Range Discovery" Test after that a "Full Test" was okay with no error.

Thank you for the help and for the recommendations.

Kind Regards
Mr. Brown