Author Topic: Platform Acceptance for new ARMv8 processor?  (Read 4412 times)

pgalizia

Platform Acceptance for new ARMv8 processor?
« on: December 08, 2020, 09:31:13 AM »
Hi All,

These questions have to do with the "SERT Platform Acceptance Process" document.

We have a new ARMv8 server processor that we're trying to get recognized by the SERT benchmark so partners can generate valid SERT runs.  Currently -- as expected -- the CPU Name isn't recognized by the benchmark.  We're currently working through a test plan to get our processor accepted.

From my reading of that document, it looks like we’ll have to put together a test plan for Section 1.3.4.4.5 of the SERT Component Update Requirements document (or 3.3.4 of the Server Efficiency Rating Tool (SERT) User Guide), since this is a new CPU Architecture as part of a previously-defined CPU Architecture Class (ARMv8).  Is this correct?

Are we allowed to also get our currently-preferred OS (CentOS 8.x) and JVM (jdk11) validated as well, as part of that step?  Or do we need to use a current OS/JVM version pairs in the current configuration (example: Ubuntu 18.04 and JVM 11)?

Is there a link to the spreadsheet required in Section 3.3.6 of the Server Efficiency Rating Tool (SERT) Platform Enablement and Acceptance Process document?  I'd like to see what data would need to be sent to SPEC as part of this validation process.

Thanks in Advance,
Pat Galizia
Ampere Computing

pgalizia

Re: Platform Acceptance for new ARMv8 processor?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 09:14:00 AM »
Is this the proper forum for questions like this, or am I in the wrong place altogether?  And if so, where/who should I ask?

Sanjay Sharma

Re: Platform Acceptance for new ARMv8 processor?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 12:26:53 PM »
On June 15, 2021, SPEC releases a new ISO-compliant version of the SERT suite, which forms the core of the ISO/IEC 21836:2020 standard. This next-generation measurement standard was designed in collaboration with leaders of global energy-efficiency regulatory programs. The SERT 2.0.4 Suite supports certification of the latest ARM, Power, and x86 architectures driving global regulatory energy goals.