|Hitachi Data Systems :||Lightning NAS Blade - 1 Cluster|
|SPECsfs97_R1.v3 =||36101 Ops/Sec (Overall Response Time = 2.11 msec)|
|Server Configuration and Availability|
|Vendor ||Hitachi Data Systems |
|Hardware Available ||Nov 2003|
|Software Available||Nov 2003 |
|Date Tested||Nov 2003 |
|SFS License Number||45 |
|Licensee Locations||San Diego, USA |
|CPU, Memory and Power|
|Model Name ||Lightning NAS Blade - 1 Cluster |
|Processor ||Intel Pentium-IV Xeon 1.60Ghz |
|# of Processors ||2 cores, 2 chips, 1 core/chip (1 per NAS Blade) |
|Primary Cache ||12KB (I + 8KB D) on chip |
|Secondary Cache ||512KB (I + D) on chip |
|Other Cache ||N/A |
|UPS ||Integrated into Lightning 9980V System|
|Other Hardware ||N/A |
| Memory Size ||39724MB (9980V Cache + NAS Embedded Cache - See Notes) |
|NVRAM Size ||32768MB (9980V Cache) |
|NVRAM Type ||UPS-Protected DRAM |
|NVRAM Description||See Notes |
|OS Name and Version||NAS Software Version 02.00 (based on Linux kernel 2.4.17)|
|Other Software ||N/A |
|File System ||HIXFS |
|NFS version ||3 |
|Buffer Cache Size ||Dynamic|
|# NFS Processes ||256 (128 per NAS Blade)|
|Fileset Size ||348.1 GB|
|Network Type ||Gigabit Ethernet : Jumbo Frame Gigabit (9000 byte frames) |
|Network Controller Desc. ||Intel PRO/1000MT (2 per NAS Blade)|
|Number Networks ||1 |
|Number Network Controllers||2 Ethernet Ports (See Notes) |
|Protocol Type ||UDP |
|Switch Type ||Cisco Catalyst 6506|
|Bridge Type ||N/A |
|Hub Type ||N/A |
|Other Network Hardware ||N/A |
|Disk Subsystem and Filesystems|
|Number Disk Controllers ||1 |
|Number of Disks ||128 |
|Number of Filesystems ||32 (fs00, fs01, .., fs31) |
|File System Creation Ops||default|
|File System Config ||RAID Level 0+1, 128 Physical Disks, 4 Disks per File System |
|Disk Controller ||Integrated into Lightning NAS Blade |
|# of Controller Type ||1 |
|Number of Disks ||128 |
|Disk Type ||Hitachi DKR2D-J072FC, 72GB 10K RPM |
|File Systems on Disks ||fs00, fs01, .., fs31 |
|Special Config Notes ||See Notes|
|Load Generator (LG) Configuration|
|Number of Load Generators ||2 |
|Number of Processes per LG||128 |
|Biod Max Read Setting ||2 |
|Biod Max Write Setting ||2 |
|LG Type ||LG1 |
|LG Model ||Dell PowerEdge1750 |
|Number and Type Processors||2 x 2.4GHz Xeon |
|Memory Size ||1GB Memory |
|Operating System ||Linux Redhat 7.2 |
|Compiler ||gcc 2.95.2 |
|Compiler Options ||default |
|Network Type ||Intel PRO/1000MT 1000BASE-T|
|LG #||LG Type||Network||Target File Systems||Notes|
|1,2||LG1||N1||fs00, fs01, .., fs31||N/A|
- Hitachi Data Systems' Lightning NAS Blade is a fully functional, fully featured clustered NAS server that is installed and integrated, as an option, into the Hitachi Lightning 9900™ V Series enterprise storage systems.
- Lightning NAS Blade - 1 Cluster Configuration:
- The tested configuration consisted of two Lightning NAS Blades (creating 1 NAS Cluster) installed into one Lightning 9980V storage system. Each NAS Blade is comprised of 1 NAS server board with 2 1Gigabit Ethernet ports, for a total of 4 Ethernet ports per NAS Cluster.
- The NAS software components included the NAS operating system, protocol components (NFS, CIFS, DNS, NIS, HTTP, etc), NAS management, failover, and backup software.
- Disk Configuration:
- 128 total disks (Hitachi 72GB 10k RPM) on the 9980V were configured as 32 RAID Level 0+1 (2+2) LUNS. RAID 0+1 is a mirrored pair (RAID-1) made from two stripe sets (RAID-0).
- A total of 32 LUNs were mapped as file systems (fs00, fs01, .., fs31) via the NAS configuration management software and presented across 2 NAS Ethernet ports (1 Ethernet port per NAS Blade) to the Cisco 6506 and load generating clients.
- NVRAM and Memory:
- Total Memory of 39724MB consists of 9980V Cache (32768MB) and Lightning NAS Blade Embedded Cache (6956MB total for 2 NAS Blades (3478MB per NAS Blade)).
- 9980V configured with 32GB (32768MB) memory as disk cache, installed with battery backup to flush all cache data to disk in the event of a power loss.
- The power source for the NAS Blade emedded cache is the same as for the Hitachi Lightning 9900 Storage Subsystem cache, which utilizes battery backup.
- Testing Parameter Modifications:
- UDP Protocol (NFS=0), PROCS=128.
- Kernel system trace of NAS engine (linux based OS) is restrained.
- "noatime" and "wsync" options on the linux based OS are specified as valid when mounting the file system.
- Network Configuration:
- Ethernet connections to Cisco 6506 from Lightning NAS blade via 1000Base-SX.
- Each NAS Blade is capable of supporting 2 Ethernet ports (total of 4 Ethernet ports). Only 1 Ethernet port per NAS Blade (total of 2) were utilized during testing.
- Ethernet connections to 2 clients via CAT-5 copper.
Generated on Thu Apr 14 14:55:28 2005 by SPEC SFS97 HTML Formatter
Copyright © 1997-2004 Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation
First published at SPEC.org on 06-Jul-2004