May 25th, 2017: A new version of PTDaemon is now available
SPEC has released a new
version of PTDaemon, v1.8.1, which is now available to all
of SPECpower_ssj2008 and SERT. Users of SPECpower_ssj2008 and the SERT tool are encouraged to download and apply the update.
Windows USBTMC support has been added using Keysight drivers. The Hioki PW3335 (single channel) has been added as an accepted DC device.
Please note that no SPEC benchmarks or tools currently work with DC environments.
For users of SPECpower_ssj2008, refer to the below notes for valid PTDaemon version choices:
All SPECpower_ssj2008 submissions after October 25th, 2017 must be made with v1.8.1 (or higher) of PTDaemon.
All SPECpower_ssj2008 submissions on or after July 5, 2016 must be made with v1.8.0 (or higher) of PTDaemon.
Power Temperature Daemon (PTDaemon) Update Process
The SPEC PTDaemon software which controls the power analyzers is
updated to support new analyzers and features. The current
version of PTDaemon is v1.8.1, released on May 25th, 2017. Multiple
benchmarks utilize PTDaemon, and each benchmark has its own independent
requirement for a minimum PTDaemon version. Depending on
the benchmark you are using, you may be required to update to PTDaemon
v1.8.1 given the following considerations:
- For SPECpower_ssj2008, see above date and version requirements.
- For the SERT, PTDaemon
v1.5.0 or higher is required for SERT v1.0.0, PTDaemon v1.6.1 or higher for SERT v1.0.1 and v1.0.2, and PTDaemon 1.7.1 or higher for SERT v1.1.0, PTDaemon 1.8.0 or higher for SERT v1.1.1, PTDaemon 1.8.1 or higher for SERT 2.0
- For other benchmarks which use
PTDaemon, please visit the benchmark's website to determine the minimum valid
version of PTDaemon to use.
Licensees can follow the instructions below to download and upgrade
their existing version of PTDaemon to the latest version by applying an
incremental patch. Patches are used because PTDaemon
distributed as part of larger packages of licensed software, so the
PTDaemon binary is not available for direct download.
To apply a PTDaemon update, do the
- The update process requires you to already have the full binary
of a given version of PTDaemon, and a connection to the internet while running the actual update utility itself.
- Create a directory for your update process
- Download the SPEC-updater v0.5 zip or SPEC-updater v0.5 tar to that directory
- Unzip or untar the package. The update tool is invoked from the SPEC-updater.bat or SPEC-updater sh script found in the bin directory of the package.
- Run the updater:
Please note that java should be in your system PATH. If it is not, and the update tool is unable to find it, you will need to specify it's location. Error messages will provide information on how to specify your Java installation.
spec-updater update (existing binary) (new binary) (optional_web_proxy_host) (optional_web_proxy_port)
spec-updater update ptd-windows-x86.exe ptd-windows-x86new.exe
With a proxy:
spec-updater update ptd-windows-x86.exe ptd-windows-x86new.exe proxy.company.com 8888
None of the files are required to be in the update directory. An example where the update tools is not in the path and the PTdaemon binaries are not in the current working directory:
c:\downloads\SPEC-updater\bin\spec-updater update c:\sert-1.0.1\ptdaemon\ptd-linux-x86 c:\sert-1.0.1\ptdaemon\ptd-linuxnew2
- Since this process creates a new filename for the new version of PTDaemon, you should rename the original/starting version with a name that indicates its version number and backup status. For example, in Windows, rename "ptd-windows-x86.exe" to "ptd-windows-x86.v1.7.0.exe" after the update. You will then be able to use this starting version for future updates if necessary.
- Finally, rename the new PTDaemon filename created in step 5 to the original PTDaemon filename so that the scripts will call the new version from now on.