SPECapc for Solid Edge V14 was developed by
EDS PLM Solutions in cooperation with the SPECapc group. It represents
typical user operations that are valuable in evaluating the performance
of systems running Solid Edge V14.
SPECapc for Solid Edge V14 is an updated benchmark that reflects
new features such as dynamic display clipping. The new benchmark
runs on Windows 2000 and Windows XP, and includes performance
tests on four typical types of models:
- a well-head assembly with 2,546 parts and 3.8 million polygons;
- a DVD player with 40 parts and 200,000 polygons;
- a jet ski with seven parts and 46,000 polygons; and
- a landing strip and airplane scenario with nearly 11,000 parts
and 3.35 million polygons.
The benchmark measures three areas of performance:
- graphics, measured by commonly used commands in three modes:
smooth, wireframe and smooth-shading with textures and reflections;
- file I/O, measured by opening each model, activating all
entries, then closing each file while saving; and
- CPU, measured by mass property calculations on the well-head
and landing-strip models.
Output is generated in a text file as well as an Excel formated .csv
file, and does not require that Excel be installed to run the benchmark.
The reference system for computing the normalized ratio is a 1.50GHz
Pentium 4 running Windows 2000 SP3 with 1GB of PC800 ECC RDRAM, an NVIDIA
Quadro2 Pro graphics card, and a 20GB ATA/100 hard drive.