08/09/2011: SPECweb2009 will be retired
effective January 12, 2012. Technical support and result
publication will end as of that date. Please see the retirement
notice for details regarding independent result publication.
SPECweb2009 is the next-generation SPEC benchmark for evaluating web server performance. Workloads include: Banking, which is a fully secure SSL-based workload; Ecommerce, which includes both SSL and non-SSL requests; and Support, which is a non-SSL workload that includes large downloads. New with SPECweb2009 is the inclusion of a Power workload (based on the Ecommerce workload) and a performance/power metric. Measurements for the power workload are based on the SPECpower methodology and require the use of one of the accepted power analyzers.
Dec. 09, 2010:
SPECweb2009 v1.20 is now available. This update contains various updates
and bug fixes. Licensees of earlier versions of SPECweb2009 may
contact SPEC for a free update to version 1.20.
Oct. 22, 2009:
The newly-released version 1.10 includes new ASPX scripts in addition to the previously included
PHP and JSP based scripts. As described in the Run Rules document,
the results from using each of these types of scripts will have different metric names and will be tabulated
- Submitted Results
- All of the results submitted to SPEC by benchmark licensees.
- Tuning Descriptions
- Additional documentation about tunings used for a result which are not included in the notes section may be found here.
Information and Documentation
- Press releases
- SPECweb2009 v1.0 Press Release (June 2009)
- SPECweb2009 v1.10 Press Release (October 2009)
- SPECweb2009 Introduction and Setup Overview
- SPECweb2009 FAQ
- SPECweb2009 Support FAQ (Updated: May 29, 2010)
- Technical support FAQ addendum to the main SPECweb2009 FAQ.
- SPECweb2009 V1.20 Benchmark Run
and Reporting Rules
- The rules that govern the running and reporting of results for SPECweb2009.
- SPECweb2009 V1.20 User
- The user guide, also included on the SPECweb2009 CD-ROM.
- SPECweb2009 V1.20
- A white paper describing the architectural design behind the SPECweb2009 benchmark.
- Component Design Documents:
- SPECweb2009 V1.20 Pseudocode
- Issues Building/Running SPECweb2009
- Installation, build, and runtime issues raised by users of SPECweb2009.
- Purchase SPECweb2009
- The order form to purchase this and any other SPEC benchmark.