August 1st, 2019: A new version of the SPEC PTDaemon tool is now available
SPEC has released a new
version of the PTDaemon tool, v1.9.1, which is now available to all
of SPECpower_ssj® 2008 and SERT. Users of SPECpower_ssj2008 and the SERT® tool are encouraged to download and apply the update.
Support has been added for Yokogawa WT5000 power analyzers as a AC, DC, and 3-phase measurement device. The network capability bit has also been added for Hioki 3334/3335/3336 devices in a Linux environment
Please note that no SPEC benchmarks or tools currently work with DC environments.
For users of SPECpower_ssj2008, refer to the below notes for valid PTDaemon version choices:
All SPECpower_ssj2008 submissions after January 1st, 2020 must be made with v1.9.1 (or higher) of PTDaemon.
Licensees can follow the instructions below to download and upgrade
their existing version of the SPEC PTDaemon®
tool to the latest version by applying an
incremental patch. Patches are used because it
distributed as part of larger packages of licensed software, so the
PTDaemon binary is not available for direct download.
To apply a SPEC PTDaemon tool update, do the
- The update process requires you to already have the full binary
of a given version of the SPEC PTDaemon tool, and a connection to the internet while running the actual update utility itself.
- Create a directory for your update process
- Download the SPEC-updater v0.6 zip or SPEC-updater v0.6 tar to that directory
- Unzip or untar the package. The update tool is invoked from the SPEC-updater.bat or SPEC-updater sh script found in the bin directory of the package.
- Run the updater:
Please note that java should be in your system PATH. If it is not, and the update tool is unable to find it, you will need to specify it's location. Error messages will provide information on how to specify your Java installation.
spec-updater update (existing binary) (new binary) (optional_web_proxy_host) (optional_web_proxy_port)
spec-updater update ptd-windows-x86.exe ptd-windows-x86new.exe
With a proxy:
spec-updater update ptd-windows-x86.exe ptd-windows-x86new.exe proxy.company.com 8888
None of the files are required to be in the update directory. An example where the update tools is not in the path and the PTdaemon binaries are not in the current working directory:
c:\downloads\SPEC-updater\bin\spec-updater update c:\sert-1.0.1\ptdaemon\ptd-linux-x86 c:\sert-1.0.1\ptdaemon\ptd-linuxnew2
- Since this process creates a new filename for the new version of PTDaemon, you should rename the original/starting version with a name that indicates its version number and backup status. For example, in Windows, rename "ptd-windows-x86.exe" to "ptd-windows-x86.v1.8.0.exe" after the update. You will then be able to use this starting version for future updates if necessary.
- Finally, rename the new PTDaemon filename created in step 5 to the original PTDaemon filename so that the scripts will call the new version from now on. Note: You may need to grant execute permissions to the resulting binary file to match the previous version when performing an update under Linux.